Sunday, October 2, 2011

45 is NOT OLD

And today is the day. I turn 45 today. I think that might mean middle age, I don't know. And frankly I can do without such artificial constructs anyway. Today I listened to hip-hop and am about to eat my birthday lemon meringue pie.

Who says I can't listen to hip-hop? Where is this written down?

When I turned 40, that was kind of bothersome. I made a point of listening to hard rock and punk that day. 30 isn't old; 40 kind of is. But what defines old? What authority defines when someone is "too old" for something? Act your age? What does that mean?

Too many people just accept what they are told without asking themselves "Why?" If I wasn't married, hell yeah I would consider dating a 20-year-old! Of course, she would have no interest in dating me, but that's beside the point. Who defines what "too old" is? I would be old enough to be a 20-year-old's father... if I hadn't been 30 when I first had sex. Again, beside the point.

Who makes these rules? Why do people abide by them if they can't answer why? This is today's question of the day.

---The Man

No comments:

Post a Comment